Saturday 26 April 2014

Dipping My Toes Into the Waters of Education Blogs

While I am a big fan of social media and sharing my learning in small Twitter bursts, I've been hesitant to dip my toes into the waters of education blogs.  A lot of this stems from fear and a sense of . . . not inferiority . . . but, I don't know - "averageness" may be the word.  Who am I to share my ideas?  What makes me worthy of adding my thoughts to the ocean of amazing thoughts and ideas that are out there?

It was these same fears that held me back from presenting at conferences such as OMLTA and OHASSTA.  But, with a little push from some friends and colleagues, I presented at both conferences and I realized that we're all in the same boat - we all have something to offer and there is always someone who can learn from those offerings.  And, we all have something to learn.

So, here I go again.  My goal for this blog is to share ideas for teaching French, History, and (my new challenge this year) Geography as well as ways of incorporating technology into the classroom and into our professional practice.

I hope you find something useful here and that you will offer ideas and feedback to help me in my learning journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment